Visiting Las Vegas
There are so many different things to do in Las Vegas. Most people assume that it is only about gambling and drinking, but there are so many family-friendly things to do. Regardless if you are on a family vacation or just need new things to do living here, there is something for everyone. Here are the top 10 family-friendly things to do while visiting Las Vegas.
- Red Rock Canyon – It may be off the beaten path, but Red Rock Canyon is a great place to take the family. Whether you go to the information center or hiking the beautiful rocks, everyone will be happy. Inside the information center, you will find different facts about what you will find while exploring. Then you take the kids through the doors to see the tortoises and venture through an interactive maze. Don’t forget to get the Jr. forest ranger book and pin for the little ones. Once done, you can drive the scenic loop and take in all of the beauty. There are many hiking trails along the loop for your enjoyment.
- Mount Charleston – Tired of all the lights and craziness of the strip? Take a relaxing drive to the mountains to take in the lodge and all the scenery. If you go at the right time, you may even see snow, even when it is hot in town. Take a picnic and enjoy all of the fun of the outdoors.
- Tivoli Village – Inside this area, you will find an array of boutiques and restaurants that are wonderful. The sidewalks are cobblestone, and there is a weekend market full of amazing local delights. While visiting Tivoli, you must check out Leona’s Café. Whether sitting inside or on the walkway, you will feel right at home. They offer an array of pastries, salads, smoothies, coffee, and much more. Many times you will see photoshoots throughout the cobblestone. You never know who you will meet.
- Children’s Science Museum – This is an adventure that your kids will be talking about for a long time. Once you enter, there are different levels full of interactive learning and fun. You can choose to take the elevator, stairs, or venture through a magnificent jungle gym, made for all ages. As you climb the jungle gym you can interact with fun games and learning tools. Your kids won’t even feel like it is learning because they are having so much fun. Stop off on each floor to enjoy different exciting rooms. From building kites to playing with electromagnets, there is something for everyone.
- Hoover Dam – Don’t forget to take the short drive to the Hoover Dam while you are in Las Vegas. You can drive across or choose to park and walk the humongous Dam. Your children will get a kick out of such a big piece of history and will love the chance to say, Dam.
- Container Park – This is a unique place to take your kids. As you enter there is a gigantic grasshopper that moves and blows out fire. Every building is made out of big containers, and they are layered on top of each other. As you explore, you will find many shops for both adults and children. They all encircle a huge play area with slides of all heights. While the kids are playing inside the enclosed play area that is guarded by a security person, the parents can enjoy wine tasting or many other events. There is even a big bubble dome you can enter to watch mini-movies.
- Drive-In – West Wind drive-in is an absolute must when you are visiting Las Vegas. They offer all the latest movies on multiple screens. While there, you can enjoy delicious snacks and let your children play on the playground. You have single and double feature movies, and they even offer Tuesday family nights at a discount.
- Stratosphere – Venture to the Strat and head all the way to the top. You will find many different rides to get your fill of adrenaline and overcoming fears. These rides are atop the highest building in Las Vegas. So try them if you dare.
- Circus Circus – There are countless things to do here, from the Adventure Dome to live circus acts. There is something for everyone at this hotspot. In the Adventure Dome, experience countless rides, and fun carnival games. If you come during Halloween, you will experience the Freight Dome, with multiple haunted houses for all ages.
- New York, New York – As soon as you enter the casino, you feel like you are in downtown NYC. Grab some New York Dogs or Pretzel’s as you make your way to the Big Apple Arcade. Your kids will have a blast playing a variety of arcade games. From there, you can make your way to the Big Apple Coaster and ride this thrill. It loops outside and around the Hotel for an exciting experience.