TOP 10 REASONS TO VISIT CALIFORNIA
Traveling can be difficult when you do not know the best places to go. California has so many different places that you can check out to ensure everyone enjoys your family vacation. If you want something off the beaten path look no further. I have compiled the top 10 places to visit when in California.
- Venice Beach – This place offers everything in one place. Whether you want to skate at the skate park or enjoy a day on the beach this is the place for you. The vibe is so chill and everyone has a smile on their face. Enjoy a stroll on the boardwalk and enjoy all of the shops and yummy treats. Walk out along the pier and feel the mist from the ocean as you gaze out at the water. You may even luck out and see turtles or dolphins. The best part of Venice Beach is dipping your toes in the Pacific Ocean. You really could spend your whole vacation right here and never run out of things to do.
- The Districts – Venture into downtown L.A. and enjoy the biggest flea market there is in the world. Each street holds different products and services at a discount. The flower district is a great place to get flowers for your wedding or party. There are so many options you will stand out for sure. The fashion district is my absolute favorite! There are so many different options, you will walk out of there with a whole new wardrobe without spending a million dollars.
- The Hollywood Sign – This iconic landmark is a great place to hike out too. Located up in the Hollywood Hills, you can take many different trails to explore the area around the sign. This sign has been in place for 95 years and signifies the amazing history of Hollywood itself.
- Disneyland – This is an adventure all kids must experience at one point in their lives. While they may not enjoy it fully until they are a little older this is the place all kids dreams come true. From adventurous rides to lifelike Disney characters throughout the park, there is something for everyone. The best way to see this park is to take a few days. This will ensure you do not miss out on anything.
- Legoland – This theme park is unlike anything you can imagine. With over 60 rides and attractions there is something for everyone. From thrill rides to water parks you won’t regret this trip. After you finish getting wet take your kids to dig for dinos in a children’s excavation site. Finish it off by building your own Lego adventures, there is something for everyone here.
- SeaWorld – Change things up and head over to San Diego for an adventure of a lifetime. With over 100 acres of land you will find many different animal exhibits. Enjoy live animal shows from whales, sea lions, to dolphins. You can also enjoy the specialists feeding the penguins and turtles. Couple that with rides and amazing food, you can’t go wrong with this theme park.
- Golden Gate Bridge – San Francisco offers an out of this world opportunity. You can explore this amazing suspension bridge that has brought many tourists over the years. The bridge was built during the Great Depression and to this day has more than 40 million vehicles that travel across it every year.
- Yosemite National Park – This is a trip you want to plan knowing you will being exploring all day. Enjoy clear water and serene waterfalls as you hike the beauty of the Sierra Nevada Mountains. You can choose to camp or book a stay at one of the many resorts and hotels throughout the National Park. This is an adventure you do not want to miss out on.
- Rodeo Drive – Located in Beverly Hills, Rodeo Drive is home to many famous movies and high end boutiques. From Prada to Valentino there is something for everyone. After a long day of shopping until you drop, settle in to one of their fabulous restaurants. The best part is that there is something for everyone’s budget in the heart of Beverly Hills.
- Alcatraz Island – Located in the San Francisco Bay, this island has housed a military fort, a military prison, a maximum security penitentiary, and was even occupied by Native Americans for 19 months. Take a Ferry to the island and take the tour and see all of the history Alcatraz Island has to offer.